LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION
Labor and Employment Litigation.
Whether you are an individual employee or an employer of any size (from closely-held to Fortune 500), and no matter your industry, Hill Gilstrap, P.C. has experience with and can provide assistance and representation in all aspects of labor and employment litigation, including claims involving:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Non-competition and non-solicitation disputes
- Wrongful discharge or termination
- Constitutional violations by public employers
- Title VII and other discrimination claims
- Wage and hour disputes
- Unfair labor practice charges
When problems arise, we’ll assist and advise you regarding the most cost and time-efficient resolution and attempt to avoid the need for court or similar proceedings. In the event a satisfactory resolution cannot be obtained without such proceedings, then we are prepared to aggressively pursue or defend administrative or litigation proceedings to the full extent necessary including the handling of discovery, hearings, trials, and appeals. In addition to appearing in local, state, and federal courts, our experience includes representing clients before such agencies or regulatory bodies as the following:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and similar state agencies
- Department of Labor
- National Labor Relations Board
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
The labor and employment law fields are constantly evolving. The vagueness of the term “labor and employment law” discourages attorneys from entering this field, and therefore, there are not many experts to represent clients. Yet labor and employment law is truly a
versatile field that frequently touches on issues that arise in a wide range of other legal disciplines. To represent clients in this field, attorneys must be up to date in the law and recent court decisions.
We specialize in this field and our attorneys are up to date with the latest law and Court decisions.